UAYC 2018 Youth Forum Registration Form – Deadline to register is December 15, 2017, at 3:30pm PST.
See the attached Gathering Our Voices Press Release, from October 27, 2017.
- Annette Morgan, President
- Victor Tom, Vice President
- Dr. Sharon McIvor, Treasurer
- Calvin Albright, Secretary
- Shyla Elgie, Youth Representative
- Fabian Alexis, Director at Large
The National Inquiry will be holding community hearings this week in Smithers BC at the Dze L K’ant Friendship Centre Hall. The Commissioners will be present at the public community hearings starting at 9:00am September 26 until September 28, and are scheduled to end at 5:00 pm each day. The community hearings are open to the public to observe unless specified as private by families and survivors.
For more information, click here.
BCAAFC Releases Proposed BCAAFC Replacement Bylaws; to be voted on by the Membership at the BCAAFC AGM in Vernon, BC, September 22-23, 2017. Click here for more information.
The BCAAFC congratulates Elijah Mack in his new role as the Executive Youth on the National Association of Friendship Center’s Executive Committee of the Board of Directors.
The Provincial Board Meeting and Annual General Meeting will take place on the traditional territory of the Okonagan Nation from September 22nd - September 23rd. For more info on the shedule and accomodations click here.
For information on the communities impacted by the forest fire situation please visit our facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/BCAAFC/
Other useful links:
- Weather Updates - http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-23_metric_e.html
- Road Conditions - http://www.drivebc.ca/
- Wildfires of note - http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/OneFire.asp
Aboriginal affordable housing received a major boost today with the announcement of more than $53 million in provincial funding.